Ported software not functioning well with Serial input

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
benguild

Ported software not functioning well with Serial input

Post by benguild »

I have a setup running on a high-end Arduino board that has a feature where it takes a Serial input from USB and streams a small amount of it to an SPI output after validating some checksum data and doing some other processing. This software's been battle tested on the other board, but hasn't been running properly as-is on the STM32F411 "BlackPill" Development Board that I'm trying out.

Interestingly, if I decrease the volume of data (but keeping the same frequency of transmission) sent over USB (Serial) by 90%, it works great. So, I'm wondering if there's a configuration issue somewhere that's slowing this down or something overflowing a buffer perhaps. — Normally, we're talking about less than 10kb/s in here (over USB) and a much smaller amount out, which I hope should be OK.

The issue doesn't seem to be on the SPI output side because even if I still send 100% of the data to the board, but then instruct it to discard 90% of it in software and only send 10% of it outward over SPI, it still has the same issue where the board just feels like it's choking. Also, I didn't really think the issue was on the SPI output side to begin with, heh.

Not sure where to start here, overall. Is there anything I can tweak or adjust? I don't think the software is the issue, but perhaps a software workaround is possible. Would really appreciate any thoughts!
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (61.95 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Ported software not functioning well with Serial input

Post by fpiSTM »

There is an issue open linked to USB Serial input.
https://github.com/stm32duino/Arduino_C ... ssues/1399

Reported for F1 but looks similar.
benguild

Post by benguild »

Is there a way to roll back to a stable version?
benguild

Post by benguild »

I tried dropping down the 1.9.0 kernel, without luck.

Return to “General discussion”