Deactivation of Writing on Flash Protection

Post here all questions related to STM32 core if you can't find a relevant section!
mebab
Answers: 4

Deactivation of Writing on Flash Protection

Post by mebab »

I have already been able to read/write on the EEPROM (EEPROM emulation) on STM32L433. However, for an unknown reason, I cannot put new data on EEPROM now where I only can read data using read command. I use EEPROM.h library and Arduino IDE for programming. It seems that the reserved page of the Flash is protected some how.
Does anybody know how to activate writing on EEPROM (Flash)?

Thanks in advance,
by mebab » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:38 am
I could find a solution by using ST-Link Utility that worked for me as follows:
Run ST-Link Utility and connect to the microcontroller-->Target --> Optin Bytes --> Uncheck RCROP_RDP and Apply. If it doesn't work, change Level 0 to Level 1 and then come back to Level 0 again and apply the mentioned change. It erases the flash if it really applies the change. Disconnect STLink Utility and check out the modification. I hope it works for you too.

Best wishes
Go to full post
mebab
Answers: 4

Re: Deactivation of Writing on Flash Protection

Post by mebab »

I could find a solution by using ST-Link Utility that worked for me as follows:
Run ST-Link Utility and connect to the microcontroller-->Target --> Optin Bytes --> Uncheck RCROP_RDP and Apply. If it doesn't work, change Level 0 to Level 1 and then come back to Level 0 again and apply the mentioned change. It erases the flash if it really applies the change. Disconnect STLink Utility and check out the modification. I hope it works for you too.

Best wishes
Mtaha

Re: Deactivation of Writing on Flash Protection

Post by Mtaha »

I used your recommendation and it worked for me. Thanks!

Return to “General discussion”