Arduino IDE 2.2.1: plugins and extensions

Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013, Em::Blocks etc
Llama

Arduino IDE 2.2.1: plugins and extensions

Post by Llama »

Hi,

I'm interested in Vim plugin. Or is it an extension? I tried Google Search; unfortunately, it's dead sure that I'm interested in Arduino plugin for VScode. I can't convince it that I'm interested in Arduino IDE plugin system.

Meanwhile

1. I can't find whether the plugin and the extension are different entities. Maybe they are synonyms.

2. I can't find any relevant entries in the Arduino IDE menu. In any other IDE plugins/extensions feature prominently.

3. I've been led to believe that VSCode and Arduino IDE 2.x share the same extension system. Is it really so?

4. Plugins/extensions are barely mentioned in the Arduino IDE 2.x docs, or I can't find the right chapter.

Please be patient with me, these are my first steps. Grateful in advance.
Llama

Re: Arduino IDE 2.2.1: plugins and extensions

Post by Llama »

1. They are synonyms now. The preferred word is extension.

2. Ctrl+Shift+P. It's Settings. You need Preferences: Open Settings (UI), then Extensions. Still, I can't find the Disable/Enable control for each extension.

3. The answer is resounding Yes!

4. ... ?

Now to my particular problem (Vim-style editing):

1. Get VSCode Neovim plugin. Suppose you already have it with VSCodium. Copy it to Arduino IDE:

Code: Select all

$ cp -r ~/.vscode-oss/extensions/asvetliakov.vscode-neovim-1.1.3-universal ~/.arduinoIDE/extensions
2. Start Arduino IDE and enjoy the fun. You can even agree to Assign affinity... dialog box with impunity.

3. if there's no ~/.arduinoIDE/extensions directory, create it manually. If you want to disable Neovim plugin, remove it from the extensions directory. Can't suggest anything better for now.

How I learned about extensions and a few other things: Personal themes.

Return to “IDE's”