Re: Still struggling with Eclipse, New issue on Page2, please help

Post by victor_pv » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Nutsy wrote:
zmemw16 wrote:what is the
1. target ?
2. arduino version ?
3 os ?
4. platform ?

not understanding why there are stm32f1 and seemingly stm32f7(arm-7(??) ) flags declared ?

stephen

<EDIT> seems the ld file uses this, so can you add your ld file to the above ?
</EDIT>
Tagets baite Maple Mini stm32f103cb
Arduino 1.8.1
MacOSX Was Elcapitan now Sierra
Platform?
Are you using the latest version of the core available from Roger's github? if not, may be worth downloading and trying.
In the computer I tested with Eclipse and the code runs fine in the board, I downloaded the core about last week.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:41 pm

I downloaded core last week as well...

Simple proggrames build and run fine. But try adding an adressable led library... It would build broken hexes...

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Nutsy wrote:I downloaded core last week as well...

Simple proggrames build and run fine. But try adding an adressable led library... It would build broken hexes...
Mine was the program to test the i2s library, which uses DMA, several interrupts and the i2s peripheral which is the same as the SPI peripheral just with different settings.

It must be something very specific.
Does you program needs any external hardware? if it doesn't read anything externally and just sends data, I can try compiling and running on mine and see what happens.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:43 pm

well ive only narrowed it down to the led library stuff... compiles fine from arduino ide just broken from eclipse.

it only sends streams of bits out a selected pin... no talk back from the leds.

Ive tried a simple test sketch of the library it still kills the board. Trouble is i cant do without this library or something like it as I addressable leds quite extensively.

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Nutsy wrote:well ive only narrowed it down to the led library stuff... compiles fine from arduino ide just broken from eclipse.

it only sends streams of bits out a selected pin... no talk back from the leds.

Ive tried a simple test sketch of the library it still kills the board. Trouble is i cant do without this library or something like it as I addressable leds quite extensively.
Can you link to the library and some example to test it? I can check if I can compile and get any output.

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Try the ANDnXOR one in library sub thread.

Or you can try this tweaked version Rintin made https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6uvfpapa0j5t ... d.zip?dl=0

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:34 am

to really see if you can get it to work. you should have some addressable leds...

Or at the very least build a blink programme and have some addressable led code running along side...

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Nutsy wrote:to really see if you can get it to work. you should have some addressable leds...

Or at the very least build a blink programme and have some addressable led code running along side...
I'll try to compile one of the examples and check if there is any output with a logic analyzer.

BTW, I was reading a bit about the neopixel libraries, and it seems like it would be a lot more efficient to drive the pixels with DMA in the stm32f1, and possibly the SPI port.
A google search returned a number of libraries that use the SPI and even PWM for some other devices, but not for these mcus, did you find any?

Nutsy

Post by Nutsy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Im running two led strings, so i cant stick to one spi port.

The software method is fast enough.

victor_pv

Post by victor_pv » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Nutsy wrote:Im running two led strings, so i cant stick to one spi port.

The software method is fast enough.
Haven't got around testing this yet, but I continue using the Arduino Eclipse plugin v4 (Sloeber) without any issue that I can attribute to the IDE.
In fact as I am learning more of it, I am finding it not more difficult, but much easier to use than the Arduino IDE and really liking it.
So far I have not had any problem with any bin compiled with it other than my own errors programming, which I have found thanks to being able to use a debugger.
I have used all 3 SPI ports, one of them in i2s mode, multiple DMA channels all at the same time, multiple timers, and FreeRTOS.
when I have time I plan to test that library you were having problems with, but I am suspecting the problem may rather be in some bug in the library, that luckily doesn't happen under Arduino because of some assumption the library may do about how the Arduino IDE will treat this or that.