Trouble getting started driving I2C LCD with BluePill

The official STMicroelectronics Arduino core
dackley

Trouble getting started driving I2C LCD with BluePill

Post by dackley » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:35 am

Hello. I'm new to using the STM32F103C8 BluePill with the Arduino IDE. I've installed the STM32F1xx Cores by ST-Microelectronics version 2017.1.20 and STM32 Cores by ST-Microelectronics version 2017.8.31. I've gotten the bootloader and several sketches plus some bare metal peripherals running on the STM32F103C8 BluePill. I have a "i2c LCD backpack" module driving a 16x2 LCD that I'd like to drive with my STM32F103C8 BluePill. I have a simple Hello Arduino I2C LCD sketch (see attached) running on an Arduino Uno using this "i2c LCD backpack"/LCD, but I haven't been able to find the right STM32duino code/library to do the same thing with my STM32F103C8 BluePill. After searching/reading the discussions on this Forum, it looks like the appropriate I2C STMF1xx libraries that I need may exist in the current, as yet unreleased, https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32 GitHub repository. But, unfortunately I'm not expert enough to know how to make use of what appears to be in this repository.

I'd really appreciate some help getting something like the attached sketch running on my STM32F103C8 BluePill.
Attachments
HelloArduino_i2c.ino
(1.57 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

victor_pv

Re: Trouble getting started driving I2C LCD with BluePill

Post by victor_pv » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:00 pm

Dackely in this section you are supposed to post a bit about yourself. Hello I'm Victor, I live in the US and I'm delevoping a flux capacitor.
That is meant to filter bots, which register and post spam.

Then your questions or problems would be in your second post, in the section where they belong. A problem about I2C in the BluePill would go either on Boards, if you think you have a hardware issue, or in Cores if you think it's an issue with the core, or others if you think is a problem with the driver, etc.

I'm will move this thread to the right section, and leaving this notice here for others to see and understand why it was moved.
Now please follow the rules, and post an introduction post in the ""New users MUST post here first, and let us know a bit about you and your projects"