/dev/serial.port.file ? ?

Post by zmemw16 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:07 pm

anyone had either of these ?

Code: Select all

Waiting for /dev/{serial.port.file} serial...Done
then after a target reset and clicking serial monitor i get

Board at COM1 is not available
still happens after an edit of preferences.txt applying my 'normal' fix of removing the serial.* lines and an arduino restart.

linux debian stretch 9.x, 'real' arduino 1.8.5 64 bit standard, @danieleff STM32GENERIC, egg st-link and finally a Black407VE with its compatible ILI9341 tft lcd

also happens with @chrismicro STM32GENERIC
stephen
<edit> clarified it a bit

lightcalamar

Re: /dev/serial.port.file ? ?

Post by lightcalamar » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:36 pm

Your problem is you do not know how to use Linux

zmemw16

Post by zmemw16 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:33 am

No doubt you think it's a permissions or a group membership issue, strange my other systems don't exhibit the problem, their udev rules being identical.
Apart of course from the fact that I've never seen that particular message before, maybe I'd already googled after the advanced search failed to produce relevant results.

OK, maybe I'm not a mage, wizard, advanced user or any other grading of linux knowledge, however if you've seen that text string in the screen messages, then please be helpful or if not please, please don't reply.

<edit>
said string appears in the platform.txt files of Rogers, @danieleff & @chismicro, however it also appears in all the files in

tools/test/makefiles/*
</edit>

stephen

lightcalamar

Post by lightcalamar » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 am

To see if reading, the problem is the script and if you do not know Linux you will have to use another system, I have to do it. That script was made for a kernel and then everyone copied and pasted and it turns out that it does not work.