STM32F407VET6 Black board

fredbox
Answers: 2

STM32F407VET6 Black board

Post by fredbox »

If you live in the USA and have Amazon prime, there are a couple of different STM32F407VET6 boards available for < $10 before tax. I ordered one on Sunday (the Black board with the onboard battery) and it arrived one day later. Basic tests blinky, RTC, and SerialUSB all compile and run without any problems so far. I am using the larger white ST-Link clone with the 20 pin ribbon cable to program the board.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: STM32F407VET6 Black board

Post by fpiSTM »

do they ship to Europe? :mrgreen:
Trinom

Post by Trinom »

You can find this board pretty much everywhere - eBay, Aliexpress, Amazon,...
I bought mine of eBay.
fredbox
Answers: 2

Post by fredbox »

You can find this board pretty much everywhere
That's true but at the moment for the USA, Amazon is about $3 less than eBay. Aliexpress search has been broken for a while (slide to verify then error, with multiple browsers, with and without private browsing, with and without VPN running). Free shipping has mostly gone away and everybody charges sales tax now, so the incentive to order from China and wait four to eight weeks so save a dollar or two is pointless.

I also picked up a couple of STM32F401CC boards on Amazon for about $8.50 next day delivery. I can't find a deal this good on eBay. So far, they appear to be well made and went into dfu mode easily. With Boot0 set, press reset, select upload. This has worked every time so far. Note that these have USBC connectors. My local DollarTree store has USBC cables for $1.08 each.

Return to “STM32F4 based boards”