RoEnDi [crowdsupply]

What are you developing?
Mitko.Dyakov

RoEnDi [crowdsupply]

Post by Mitko.Dyakov »

Hi there :)

I want to introduce you my project. It is a rotary encoder with a round 1.28" display. The idea for this project is to be a module for a hobbyist to integrate in their project. I am using STM32L433.

There is full flex demo (HID + CDC for volume control) using STM32CubeIDE, STM32CubeMX and TouchGFXDesigner, but also I have made demo projects using STM32Duino + Arduino IDE for every teacher of the device IOs, USB, RTC, Display and NOR flash. The device has e boot select button, that puts it in DFU mode and you can program it without a debugger. Of course there is no debug when using Arduino IDE.

I have design everything using free software KiCad for the PCB, FreeCAD for the body of the Encoder. The STM suit and Arduino for the software part.

The body of the encoder has two variants. One is CNC aluminum body matt or shiny finish and the other is resin 3D printed. The CAD files are available on the GIT hub repo.

Feel free to ask questions, I would do my best to answer everyone.

Please subscribe for updates on the project on Crowdsupply link here

Thanks and see you soon :)

MoDu

Re: RoEnDi [crowdsupply]

Post by MoDu »

Nice, I will probably build something similiar in the future, and I will definitely check this out again!
Especially since you claim I can build it with STM32duino, instead of the Cube IDE....
Mitko.Dyakov

Re: RoEnDi [crowdsupply]

Post by Mitko.Dyakov »

MoDu wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:37 pm Nice, I will probably build something similiar in the future, and I will definitely check this out again!
Especially since you claim I can build it with STM32duino, instead of the Cube IDE....
Yep, just select the correct MCU and you are on! There are examples for the display, encoder, USB, RTC and soon a memory mapped mode for the NOR flash.

Return to “Projects”