Post by BennehBoy »

Dusted off this old project again.

I'm adding some more instrumentation to the vehicle - a Land Rover:

Gearbox oil pressure
Gearboc oil temperature
Transfer box oil temperature
Engine oil pressure
Engine oil temperature

Anyhow, the currently running system is built using a Maple Mini clone, unfortunately that doesn't have enough analogue inputs for me to hook up all the sensors - I'm using SPI 1 with an SSD1306, & SPI 2 with a Max31856 thermocouple chip - the libraries for them don't play well together so I can't condense things onto 1 bus.

This means I've dusted off an FK407M1 since it has a lot more ADC for the size of the package - scratched my head for a bit when I couldn't build my project, when I submitted the variant to the core I must've removed the SDIO support... crufted that back in and SD working again.

Spent a fair part of the day refactoring my horrific coding, cleaning up the graphics drawing and adding another graph type.

Also removed all the OBD code as I _never_ use it in the vehicle, it simplifies the electronics a fair bit too - no K line conversion required.

I'll probably slim down all the cross board compatibility in the code before updating the repo - I doubt anyone but me is actually using it anyway :D

github repo -> https://github.com/BennehBoy/LRDuinoTD5
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Car Dash mounted Multigauge

Post by fpiSTM »

Thanks for sharing. Nice to have some news ;)
BennehBoy
Answers: 1

Post by BennehBoy »

I built myself a rats nest....

This proves each of the sensor types work - with the exclusion of an earth switched coolant level sensor that I'll incorporate tonight.

You can see on the display that the max31856 is supplying the room temperature from the K-type - it's not super accurate, but close enough and proves it's working.

After that I'll get this all onto stripboard for the one off build that's going into the vehicle.
zippie

Post by zippie »

Cool project. any more progress on this?

Return to “Projects”