(Arduino_Core_STM32) Libcanard based UAVCAN node

What are you developing?
MGeo
Answers: 2

Re: (Arduino_Core_STM32) Libcanard based UAVCAN node

Post by MGeo »

I've now combined the F103 and F303 examples into a single example with #ifdefs to cover the deltas between those two processors, moved from my DWT library to builtin delayMicroseconds() and cleaned up the CAN/GPIO peripheral init routines. I've successfully retested on F103 and F303, and am considering the example on GitHub complete for now.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

Thanks.
I will give a try when got some times.
flof

Post by flof »

Hello, I have been working for a few days to make this project work on a Blue pill STM32 F103C8T6, but I have a bug that I don’t understand.

When I do not plug the PA11 output, everything seems to be working well, the PC13 LED blinks and some println() that I put in the code make me think that everything is going well. On the other hand when I plug the PA11 to CRX, the PC13 LED no longer blinking, and I could find that the code remains blocked in the loop uavcan.c → sendCanar(void)→while(txt) because the function, canard_stm32.c → canardSTM32Transmit(const CanardCANFrame* const frame) always return 0 because the condition « // There's a mailbox whose priority is higher or equal the priority of the new frame » is true.

I also use to test a SLCAN adapter on a blue pill with two VP230 to convert the signals to CANH/L. UAVCAN GUI Tool can’t find a node.

I can't figure out what I did wrong, do you have any idea?
MGeo
Answers: 2

Post by MGeo »

Hi flof,

Pretty hard to say without a better understanding of your setup. Could you post a pic or diagram of your setup and how exactly you are testing? CAN bus hello world can be a big first step. Either everything is hooked up right and it just works or its not and you get nothing. I've found that a $10 dollar logic analyzer is a big help here.
maro

Post by maro »

Hi MGeo,

Is there any chance your example, with a few modification, could work on a Nucleo stm32G474 board (which has arduino uno connectivity)?
I'm relatively new to this so excuse me if it's obvious ^^

Thanks

Return to “Projects”