Nucleo-L452RE IDE

All about boards manufactured by ST
GT-Rex

Nucleo-L452RE IDE

Post by GT-Rex »

Hi anyone!
Im trying to Use an IDE to program my new Nucleo-L452RE .
There is an official St Ide? On official ST website it isn't as clear as they say to me at maker faire...
With arduino Ide I have some problems so I can't upload sketces... it's quite difficult but in late evening I finally find the way to upload blink :idea:

Thanks for any suggestions!
victor_pv

Re: Nucleo-L452RE IDE

Post by victor_pv »

fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

GT-Rex

which issue you've met to flash it ?
By default, the mass storage copy is enough to flash the board? This is what is made by default.
If there is some issue with this method, try to update the STLink firmware.
Andy2No

Post by Andy2No »

GT-Rex wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:16 pm Hi anyone!
Im trying to Use an IDE to program my new Nucleo-L452RE .
There is an official St Ide? On official ST website it isn't as clear as they say to me at maker faire...
With arduino Ide I have some problems so I can't upload sketces... it's quite difficult but in late evening I finally find the way to upload blink :idea:

Thanks for any suggestions!
I don't have the Nucleo 64 L452RE, but I have been using the Nucleo 64 F446RE. Uploading sketches hasn't been a problem but I did have some trouble with getting the virtual COM port to let me send stuff to the serial console... I have got that working, but it may be too early to give advice on that part.

As fpiSTM said, always check for a firmware upgrade when you buy one. I upgrade the firmware with ST-Link immediately after taking them out of the packet. Every Nucleo I've bought has been out of date, so far - which is good in a way, because it lets me test out flashing them.

There are some settings in the Arduino IDE which are not fully explained - or at least, not to me. This is what I've settled on, for now (substitute your own board type):

* Tools menu settings:
* Board: Nucleo 64
* part F466RE
* U(S)ART Support: Enabled (generic "Serial")
* USB support (if available): "None"
* USB speed (if available): "Low/Full Speed"

I've taken to writing them in the comments in my Arduino sketches for STM32 boards.

You may also need to set the port, on the Tools->Port menu - I'm not clear if the IDE actually needs that, for Nucleos. It is needed for the virtual COM port, and may change after uploading a sketch.
GT-Rex

Post by GT-Rex »

Hello!
Thanks everybody for helps!
Have you checked the official IDE?
Yes, I apologize for asking for this information in the forum where we talk about the Arduino ide with St boards...
Now I'm still having problems with official cube ide(anyway I have learn how to do someting better) but i supppose it's an off topic.

With the arduino ide instead things ere going to work properly , also for more complicated sketches than blink!

Thank you and see you soon!! 8-)

Return to “STM boards (Discovery, Eval, Nucleo, ...)”