From Arduino to STM32 ...

All about boards manufactured by ST
BB22210

From Arduino to STM32 ...

Post by BB22210 »

Hello,
I am testing several STM32duino boards for professionnal projects (test any kind of sensor on discovery board)
I am successfully importing arduino code from IDE arduino into stm32duino board, program compiles and run successfully.

I am now importing same code into VSCode+platformIO reviewed code (function location) use same libraries, same code, compilation is ok, upload code is ok, but program does not work as expected :(

Any clues on potential root cause ?

Rgds
BB
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: From Arduino to STM32 ...

Post by fpiSTM »

Sorry, I've never used PIO.
Maybe you can try to debug as it is easier with PIO else submit an issue with detailed description to PIO st-stm32 GitHub repo.
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Post by mrburnette »

BB22210 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:53 pm ... use same libraries, same code, compilation is ok, upload code is ok, but program does not work as expected :(
I cannot remember such an issue being reported in old forum:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Platfor ... oforum.com

Some activity here: search.php?keywords=platformIO
This post talks about 2 PC giving different results:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=408&p=2741&hilit=PlatformIO#p2741

Have you just tried with simple sketch to elaborate on "does not work as expected" ?? What does that really mean?

A huge amount of work has been done by STM and members in the old forum to ensure that the ArduinoIDE works as expected. Some members here do use PlatformIO, but it is not the primary focus. It would be best to use ArduinoIDE or STM's professional tool chain: STM32 Cube. That being said, scripts for PlatformIO do exist on github; are you running the latest?
https://github.com/stm32duino/Arduino_C ... PlatformIO
BB22210

Post by BB22210 »

Hello,
Thanks for your first reply.
I use an STM32F429ZI (and 207ZG) board, I built and upload sucessfully from Arduino IDE to STM board. => Webserver is running.
Then just copy the code to main.cc into VSCode+PIO, rebuild and upload successfully the code, but I have no result => Webserver not responding to client connections :(
Does anybody Have a "right" webserver code runing on a stm32 nucleo 144 board just to understand my mistake ...?

BB22210
STM
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

If it's failed with PIO then submit an issue to PIO.

Return to “STM boards (Discovery, Eval, Nucleo, ...)”