Maple mini bricked

Maple Mini, Maple Rev3, Maple Rev 5 and Maple Ret 6, iTead Maple etc
warner

Maple mini bricked

Post by warner »

I received today a Maple Mini board and wanted to do some tests with it by programming it with the Arduino IDE.
So I searched Internet and found out that I had to flash another bootloader. So I installed Flash Loader Demonstrator and uploaded the bin file with a FT232. Then disconnected the FT232 and plugged the USB into the board. Nothing. I'm running W10, no pling that a new USB device was recognised.
The led on the board is off, and with boot1 low and pressing the reset sw while pressing the but=32 (connected to boot0) switch nothing happens, the FLD does not recognise the device (connected to the FT232). This did work at first.
Is there anyting I can do to unbrick the device? Or is it ready for the garbage bin?
The chip is labeled STM32F103C8T6GH28Z and at first the FLD said it was a 64K device, not the 128K a 'real' maple mini should be.
Edogaldo

Re: Maple mini bricked

Post by Edogaldo »

Hi @warner, if you just tried to install "a bootloader" from the web (which?! from where?!), you should not have bricked the chip: it's quite robust and cannot be bricked so easily! ;)
You can install another sw bootloader by leveraging the standard ST system USART bootloader (on USART1), which can be started by setting boot0=1 and boot1=0 and then restarting the device (ref AN2606).
I'd say that the correct bootloader for the Maple mini is this one: https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... boot20.bin
Respect to the 64kb vs 128kb, 64kb is correct as long as the chip is a STM32F103C8, this chip effectively has 64kb (at least officially - unofficially it appears that it has 128kb as well, even if not declared).
Consider that originally the maple mini mounted a STM32F103CB chip, which is the 128kb version but now many chinese producers decided for a downgrade to the probably cheaper version (the only difference is the flash size)...

Hope this helps..
warner

Post by warner »

I think I flashed generic_boot20_pc13.bin from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/roger ... 0_pc13.bin
warner

Post by warner »

I did succesfully flash the maple_mini_boot20.bin file. So I can try (tomorrow) uploading some code.
Thanks. I connected boot0 to Vcc and boot1 to GND and after power-up pressed the reset and then I had connection.
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Post by mrburnette »

Return to “Maple & Maple mini etc”