Activating bluepill watchdog using arduino IDE

Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013, Em::Blocks etc
Anz8

Activating bluepill watchdog using arduino IDE

Post by Anz8 »

Hello,
I am a novice. I have a bluepill and using the STM32F1/F4 core. Can someone explain how can I command the watchdog using the arduino IDE? Initializing it and reset.
Thanks
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Activating bluepill watchdog using arduino IDE

Post by fpiSTM »

You should avoid to open several topics around the same thing.
The IWatchdog library provide an example for the STM32 core.
Anz8

Post by Anz8 »

This is my current setup:
settings.png
settings.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
The goal is to use the watchdog. I tried using the IWatchdog library with this setup and it doesn't compile. I tried using the STM32 core that uses that library and I had to install the STM32cubeprogrammer, reconfiguring the IDE only to find out that I need a STlink that I don't have. With my current setup, I'm able to program the board using the USB. I'd like to know if it's possible utilizing the watchdog with this setup.
I understand this is similar to the other thread but I don't want that people point me to the IWatchdog library if I'm not able to use it without such STlink.
Please note that my level of understanding of this stuff is limited since I just started out using MCUs.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

I've completed my answer in the other thread.
As you mentioned that you get "No probe detected" I've simply comment that the upload method you choose required an STLink.
Anyway you can use other upload method, DFU, Bootloader,... in the submenu of the STM32 core.
If you want use Roger's core then the topic referenced by mrburnett should answer your needs.

Return to “IDE's”