Does STM32CubeIDE work with STM32duino?

Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013, Em::Blocks etc
mapy

Does STM32CubeIDE work with STM32duino?

Post by mapy »

Hello all, surprisingly I don't see any procedure to work with STM32duino in the official STM32CubeIDE. I've tried to install the sloeber plugin with no success (Failed to create project java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException), so question is, is there anybody able to work STM32CubeIDE?, is yes could you point to any link or info could help me ?
Thank you very much.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Does STM32CubeIDE work with STM32duino?

Post by fpiSTM »

Sorry, no clue and never tested. Even if Cube IDE is eclipse based I think it should be hard to include it as (as far as I saw) there is a lot of customization.
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Post by mrburnette »

mapy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:20 pm Hello all, surprisingly I don't see any procedure to work with STM32duino in the official STM32CubeIDE. I've tried to install the sloeber plugin with no success (Failed to create project java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException), so question is, is there anybody able to work STM32CubeIDE?, is yes could you point to any link or info could help me ?
Thank you very much.
Lots of Sloeber activity on old forum https://www.google.com/search?q=Sloeber ... oforum.com
okstew

Post by okstew »

This is a relevant thread to check out... hopefully someone posts on it soon viewtopic.php?f=18&t=188
I am trying to figure this out so I will post if I do
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Post by mrburnette »

mapy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:20 pm Hello all, surprisingly I don't see any procedure to work with STM32duino in the official STM32CubeIDE. I've tried to install the sloeber plugin with no success (Failed to create project java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException),
STM has spent an enormous amount of energies in developing Arduino (IDE) for STM32. The results, in my opinion, is an awesome collection of documentation and software. The sheer number of fully supported boards is a testament to the corporate investment in this effort.

But I see little value in fooling around with their professional development tools to simplify incorporating 3rd party Arduino libraries which have "no place" in a professional development shop. While there are good quality Arduino code from firms like Adafruit, there is also lots of crap out on the Internet.

In my mind, you (as the software developer) are solely responsible to select, test, qualify, and incorporate public open-source code into the IDE of choice. I am certain that a few readers here would like to see documentation on the processes and procedures on how to do this while mitigating risks and development time; so if you go forward, carve out a forum thread and share what you discover.

Ray

Return to “IDE's”