Using Arduino_Core_STM32 with git repository

Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013, Em::Blocks etc
ekawahyu

Using Arduino_Core_STM32 with git repository

Post by ekawahyu »

I followed the instruction provided in the wiki:

https://github.com/stm32duino/wiki/wiki ... repository

But it does not seem to be able to find the PATH of the toolchain. The error is as follows:

Code: Select all

Detecting libraries used...
/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb @/tmp/arduino_build_533985/sketch/build_opt.h -c -Os -w -std=gnu++14 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -fno-threadsafe-statics --param max-inline-insns-single=500 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fno-use-cxa-atexit -I/home/ubuntu/arduino-1.8.13/examples/01.Basics/Blink -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino/avr -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino/stm32 -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino/stm32/LL -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino/stm32/usb -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino/stm32/OpenAMP -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino/stm32/usb/hid -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino/stm32/usb/cdc -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Drivers/STM32F0xx_HAL_Driver/Src -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/STM32F0xx -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Inc -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Middlewares/OpenAMP -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Middlewares/OpenAMP/open-amp/lib/include -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Middlewares/OpenAMP/libmetal/lib/include -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Middlewares/OpenAMP/virtual_driver -w -x c++ -E -CC -DSTM32F0xx -DARDUINO=10813 -DARDUINO_DISCO_F072RB -DARDUINO_ARCH_STM32 "-DBOARD_NAME=\"DISCO_F072RB\"" -DSTM32F072xB -DUSBCON -DUSBD_VID=0 -DUSBD_PID=0 -DHAL_PCD_MODULE_ENABLED -DUSBD_USE_CDC -DHAL_UART_MODULE_ENABLED -DHWSERIAL_NONE -I/home/ubuntu/.arduino15/packages/STM32/tools/CMSIS/5.5.1/CMSIS/Core/Include/ -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F0xx/Include/ -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/system/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F0xx/Source/Templates/gcc/ -I/home/ubuntu/.arduino15/packages/STM32/tools/CMSIS/5.5.1/CMSIS/DSP/Include -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/cores/arduino -I/home/ubuntu/Arduino/hardware/STM32/stm32/variants/DISCO_F072RB /tmp/arduino_build_533985/sketch/Blink.ino.cpp -o /dev/null -DARDUINO_LIB_DISCOVERY_PHASE
fork/exec /bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Discovery.
I am using STM32F072 Discovery board and would like to add/modify the code. If I modified the compiler.path in platform.txt, then it works just fine, like this:

Code: Select all

#compiler.path={runtime.tools.xpack-arm-none-eabi-gcc-9.3.1-1.2.path}/bin/
compiler.path=/home/ubuntu/.arduino15/packages/STM32/tools/xpack-arm-none-eabi-gcc/9.2.1-1.1/bin/
I am wondering if this is something missing in the documentation, or there is a bug of determining the correct PATH in Arduino IDE.

The problem continues... I had to modify also the path for the programming tools, etc. Is there a way to fix this? Any comments?
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Using Arduino_Core_STM32 with git repository

Post by fpiSTM »

There is no issue. The arm none eabi toolchain has changed in the master. That's why you got this error.
You can download the new one at xpack release on github or use the json from the dev branch of the BoardManagerFiles repo to get the updated version:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stm32 ... index.json

I will update the wiki to cover this case.

Return to “IDE's”