Pin problem in connection of ArduCAM

Development environment specific, Arduino, Eclipse, VS2013, Em::Blocks etc
ozcar
Answers: 5

Re: Pin problem in connection of ArduCAM

Post by ozcar »

I'm guessing the problem is more likely to be on the SPI because of the shared pins.

Do you have any way to check what is happening on the SPI pins, to see if there is any obvious difference between when the Ra-02 is connected or not connected?

If not, I'm not sure what you can do other than maybe get some clue by disconnecting the Ra-02 SPI pins one at a time, or else try a slower SPI clock.

Maybe somebody else has a better idea.
mebab
Answers: 4

Re: Pin problem in connection of ArduCAM

Post by mebab »

ozcar wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:03 pm Brevity may be the soul of wit, but it can be the bane of problem diagnosis.

Did you check what I2C pins are used by default, and do something to override if necessary?

What exactly do you mean when you say that there is a conflict between OV2640 and Ra-02? Does that mean that the OV2640 works using the same pins as you showed above, provided you don't use the Ra-02? If that is what you mean, what makes the difference, do you have to physically remove the Ra-02, or does OV2640 work if you just take all references to Ra-02 from your code?
On my board, I have also an RTC connected to the same I2C pins as CAM is connected. I just figured out that if I disconnect RTC, there is no conflict problem on Nucleo. This means that I2c connection on Nucleo (not Arduino101) might be the reason. Does anybody know what makes this conflict?
Nucleo ------ Ra-02 -------- OV2640 -------RTC
D2-------------- DIO0 -----------------------------
D3-------------- RST-------------------------------
D7-------------- --- -------------- CS--------------
D10-------------CS---------------------------------
D11-------------MOSI------------MOSI------------
D12-------------MISO------------MISO------------
D13-------------SCK--------------SCK------------
A4 -------------- --- --------------SDA--------SDA
A5---------------------------------SCL---------SCL

Return to “IDE's”