Hello from UK Midlands Area

imk

Hello from UK Midlands Area

Post by imk »

Hello,
Just signed up as was trying to figure the "HardwareTimer.h" library with respect to setting the PWM duty cycle.
Found the answer; use setCaptureCompare in a thread and, wow what a great forum.
Been doing ucontrollers for some time now mainly PIC24 DsP.
Tried an UNO and Arduino IDE a while back and far less complex to get quick project up an running.
Grabbed a few NANO's and now i am hooked :-)
So though i would up the anti and try a WeAct Black Pill STM32F411CE of ebay and very happy with the performance.
Coupled with the new Arduino IDE ver TWO beta 11 and think we are well on the way to being an Arduino STM32 convert :-)
Though I would say hello imk
1201 Alarm
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Re: Hello from UK Midlands Area

Post by mrburnette »

imk wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:54 pm ...
So though i would up the anti and try a WeAct Black Pill STM32F411CE of ebay and very happy with the performance.
Coupled with the new Arduino IDE ver TWO beta 11 and think we are well on the way to being an Arduino STM32 convert :-)
imk:

Welcome. Nice to have a DsP person on the forum.
If you have not seen the WiKi it is: https://github.com/stm32duino/wiki/wiki
I think you will stay hooked. STM and Frederic's team have done a fantastic job with STM32DUINO, you should always have a "next" step if you feel cramped.

Ray

PS: the old forum, more -centric to STM32F103xx is at stm32duinoforum.com and the original Leaflab's is http://docs.leaflabs.com/docs.leaflabs.com/index.html
ag123
Answers: 24

Re: Hello from UK Midlands Area

Post by ag123 »

imk wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:54 pm Hello,
Just signed up as was trying to figure the "HardwareTimer.h" library with respect to setting the PWM duty cycle.
Found the answer; use setCaptureCompare in a thread and, wow what a great forum.
Been doing ucontrollers for some time now mainly PIC24 DsP.
Tried an UNO and Arduino IDE a while back and far less complex to get quick project up an running.
STM32F4xx are among the most fun to play with as they have an FPU built-in, 'ART' accelerator (on chip cache), fast ADCs.
And the ADCs are very sensitive - picks up radio waves (with long enough wires as antennas) !
This extends the play horizon well beyond 'small' MCUs.
The higher end ones in STM32F4xx has tons of peripherals built-in, for a premium though.

Return to “Let us know a bit about you and your projects”