Hey everybody :)

jenspogo

Hey everybody :)

Post by jenspogo »

Hey everybody,
my name is Jens and currently I'm working on a project in which I will use STM32 boards to control different sensor Modules and communicate with each other.

The idea is to have a Master and some slaves. The slaves collect data from sensors and do some control work. The Master will collect the data from the slaves and visualizes the data. Therefore, the slave-modules have to work as Slaves when the master collects data and also work as Master when they collect data from the sensors. The Idea is to use an STM32F103C8 with two I2C Interfaces.

Greetings from Germany,
Jens
Phono

Re: Hey everybody :)

Post by Phono »

Maybe you could consider using CAN between the master and the slave. This is a neat solution, very flexible, and very robust. Lines may be very long (100 m or more) without communication errors, unlike I2C that cannot allow more than say one metre.
Hackswell

Post by Hackswell »

Phono wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:36 am Maybe you could consider using CAN between the master and the slave. This is a neat solution, very flexible, and very robust. Lines may be very long (100 m or more) without communication errors, unlike I2C that cannot allow more than say one metre.
Does F103 have native CANBUS, or software controlled?
Phono

Post by Phono »

Yes, it does. It just needs a CAN transceiver, which is included in some boards, like the Olimex (https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/S ... e-hardware) board I have used a lot with total satisfaction. I have also improved the initial HardwareCAN library inherited from libmaple, which is since included in Roger's core.

Return to “Let us know a bit about you and your projects”