Hello from Texas

jayhawk

Hello from Texas

Post by jayhawk »

My name's Jason, and I'm moving from Arduino Nanos to stm32 which is apparently more powerful than my Mega :shock:

Fixing to run a 3D printer with this board!
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Re: Hello from Texas

Post by mrburnette »

jayhawk wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:56 pm My name's Jason, and I'm moving from Arduino Nanos to stm32 which is apparently more powerful than my Mega :shock:

Fixing to run a 3D printer with this board!
Howdy, Jason.

"Mega" is a good product, I have done many 2560 projects. But, 16MHz and 8-bit architecture does put the h/w into a "dated" category. Still, for many 5V projects based on existing designs, the Mega (at clone prices) is a good match. Moving to the 32-bit architecture, ARM cpu, higher 72MHz clock, and 3.3V logic does move your projects forward in design. Biggest concern, IMO, old libraries which may require some some work to port... but over the past 5 years, many AVR libraries have been made ARM 32-bit compatible.

This old post of mine from the previous forum (of the same name) may be helpful:
https://stm32duinoforum.com/forum/viewt ... _3111.html
--> Same post with updated link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=301&p=1938#p1938
Welcome, have fun.

Ray
jayhawk

Post by jayhawk »

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. That post is a great hub for everything I need!

I've been at it for a couple days now, and the transfer process is harder than I thought due to all the different board variants and similarly-named libraries and board managers.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

Welcome,

I've added the link to the same post from mrburnette with all the link updated:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=301&p=1938#p1938

Return to “Let us know a bit about you and your projects”