CMSIS 5.7.0

How to install STM32 core into the Arduino IDE, and any OS specific issues
BennehBoy
Answers: 1

CMSIS 5.7.0

Post by BennehBoy »

Does anyone have a link to a full 5.7.0 release that inlcudes the .a files?

Try as I might I can't get the CMSIS release to build into a local release on windows. One of the included tools, checkpack.exe, is 16 bit and will no longer execute in windows. Even if that worked it appears that the .a files (DAC libs in particular) are just git lfs references, and when I try a git lfs fetch the downloaded archive isn't a git repo. If I grab the repo, then there are no libs or .a refs. Aaaaargh!

I'm trying to get going with the dev branch of the core and this is the only piece of the puzzle evading me.
BennehBoy

Re: CMSIS 5.7.0

Post by BennehBoy »

Solved it. So, ignore the link that's in the 'installing core from github' part of wiki, and use this: https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5 ... bdf251a6f4

For some reason a git clone does not bring down the lib folders - so I downloaded and archive. This also only contains the lfs refs, so I then manually downloaded each object from the repo as a raw file.

Bit of a pain, but can build now.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

To use the dev branch you can use the dev branch of the board manager file then the correct CMSIS will be installed ;)

https://github.com/stm32duino/BoardMana ... index.json

Note that the new gcc also will be used.
BennehBoy

Post by BennehBoy »

I didn't think to check if there was a dev branch, doh.

GCC wasn't a problem to find.
BennehBoy

Post by BennehBoy »

Are you sure the dev branch works frederic, I already was using that board manager file, and when I select the 2.0.0-dev gcc doesn't get installed. I did not try first uninstalling 1.9.0 before 'upgrading' though, so maybe my own fault.
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

I'm sure as I use it ;)
You can even check the json file you will see which gcc is installed.

Anyway I will review the way to use dev branch and the master. probaly a GH action which generate weekly the master core package.
BennehBoy

Post by BennehBoy »

I'll try a clean install and see where that gets me :) Certainly better than having to hand pick the tools.

Return to “Installation and OS related”