How to use usb audio?

Working libraries, libraries being ported and related hardware
sean_wu

How to use usb audio?

Post by sean_wu »

Excuse me, I'm a novice, I uploaded the examples in the usb composite library: SPEAKER.ino and micphone.ino, but the computer did not find the audio device. How to use this device. Thank you all, and look forward to your reply.
ag123
Answers: 24

Re: How to use usb audio?

Post by ag123 »

Normally there is only usb serial - virtual comm port.
usb 'isn't for novices', are you sure you know what you are doing?
in windows check the device manager
in linux check dmesg
sean_wu

Post by sean_wu »

ag123 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:52 am Normally there is only usb serial - virtual comm port.
usb 'isn't for novices', are you sure you know what you are doing?
in windows check the device manager
in linux check dmesg
Thank you.

There is no WINDOWS and LINUX at hand, the mac os system did not find any audio devices, but the modem was found to be unable to connect, and the android system found TTY devices.
ag123
Answers: 24

Post by ag123 »

mac os is treating the serial connection as a modem, u'd need to find a way to tell mac that it is not a modem
and u'd need to find a serial terminal to connect to it, arduino (ide) has it, but i'm not sure if that works in mac os.

try working with the serial connection first hand, it is probably easier than working with usb audio direct.

working with usb audio implies that you need to be well versed with how usb works, in particular usb-audio device class.
https://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb1.shtml
and you'd need also to be well versed with the stm32 usb hardware and device drivers.
that won't be easy for novices
sean_wu

Post by sean_wu »

ag123 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:53 am mac os is treating the serial connection as a modem, u'd need to find a way to tell mac that it is not a modem
and u'd need to find a serial terminal to connect to it, arduino (ide) has it, but i'm not sure if that works in mac os.

try working with the serial connection first hand, it is probably easier than working with usb audio direct.

working with usb audio implies that you need to be well versed with how usb works, in particular usb-audio device class.
https://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb1.shtml
and you'd need also to be well versed with the stm32 usb hardware and device drivers.
that won't be easy for novices
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Return to “Libraries & Hardware”