Possibly OT missing bootloader stm32cubeide code example

Bootloader for STM32F103 and STM32F4xx micro-controllers
No special driver is required. Support for Windows, Linux and Mac Operating System
sheepdoll

Possibly OT missing bootloader stm32cubeide code example

Post by sheepdoll »

Greetings all;

It has been a while since I posted here. I tend to program these days directly in cpp using the STM32 toolchain. (I do use the aurduino libs for some parts of the code.) Probably this could be posted to the stm forums, but as a charter member here, I tend to keep a tab open to this forum.

I need an ethernet bootloader that uses UDP. There are a number of examples using the Trivial file protocol. Many of these are older or are not for the board/processor I am using (which is an STM32F429vtg.) My board is based on the STM32F407 discovery footprint (I needed the ethernet and the additional memory.)

There is a great pdf from the atollic true studio titled "Working with Bootloaders on Coretex-M devices" This coveres how to configure the IDE project. It does not deal with the actual writing of the flash which the TFP example does have.

Unfortunatly The code examples are no longer online for the atollic IDE. The STM32cubeIDE which replaced it does have many of the examples, but Bootloader_APP and Bootloader_BL are missing! According to the net search of the stm forums there were 4000 code examples that disapeared. I did find the TFP example project under a different board when I searched 'IAP.'

Does anyone have a copy of this or know what the application note number is that would contain these two missing projects?

The pdf, does show some of the code. A lot of the instruction is how to set up the debug contexts, It is obviousley from a seminar. Much of the code can be seen in the slides, but there are places where it is scrolled away.

I probably can figure out how to use the TFP example which is in the IDE for a different board and the PDF differ. Still it would be nice if code examples did not disappear from the net. Expecially foundational/project setup code like this example, which could be applicible in the arduino environment, where bootloaders are common, and one wants to debug both the bootloader and the app.

-julie

Return to “STM32 HID bootloader”