STM32F0 Bootloader Problem/Issue

STM32duino bootloader aka Maple bootloader
kosovali

Re: STM32F0 Bootloader Problem/Issue

Post by kosovali »

I understood. Thank you for your answer. So, I don't want to use STM32CubeProgrammer while programming my board from Arduino. I don't want to use an external debugger. Is this possible? If possible, how can I do?
darkspr1te

Post by darkspr1te »

if you compile the arduino bootloader for your device and flash it via stmcube then you can use the arduino environment to re-program with new code without using the boot pin method and stmcube.

i dont use the arduino ide myself so i cannot 100% tell you what menu option you must choose to flash via bootloader
*edit*
after checking it seems arduino ide does not have a maple upload option for F0 series, only SWD,DFU and serial upload methods.

sorry,

darkspr1te
deanalee

Post by deanalee »

I don't want to use the boot pin every time I program my board.

Is there a way to do this?

If I write my own bootloader, can I solve the above problem?

Can I modify the embedded bootloader?
GonzoG
Answers: 27

Post by GonzoG »

You cannot do anything to hardware (embedded) bootloaders.
You can flash software bootloader that can do anything you want but it also needs a support in software that you use to flash programs to MCU.
ag123
Answers: 24

Post by ag123 »

use an st-lilnk, you need to connect wires (the SWD) pins, you can leave it connected if you prefer.

another way is to use a usb-uart dongle, the DTR/CTS signal can be 'abused' to toggle boot0 and reset. in the same way you could leave the pins connected if you prefer.

Return to “USB bootloader”