USB Composite + Roger Clark's Core, Serial over USB

Post here all questions related to LibMaple core if you can't find a relevant section!
Bakisha
Answers: 5

Re: USB Composite + Roger Clark's Core, Serial over USB

Post by Bakisha »

Yes, they are both used in same time. As if you plugged in two different USB devices.
Go to device manager, and see if there is problem with driver (if you are using Windows OS).
Also, how do you upload sketch to bluepill?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Bakisha wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:17 am Yes, they are both used in same time. As if you plugged in two different USB devices.
Go to device manager, and see if there is problem with driver (if you are using Windows OS).
Also, how do you upload sketch to bluepill?
Here is how my computer sees it.. The Midi Port is recognized.
I uploaded the sketch using the IDE itself via an FTDI adapter.

Thanks
Attachments
Unspecified Device.jpg
Unspecified Device.jpg (44.92 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Bakisha

Post by Bakisha »

Uf, windows and drivers...
There is few thngs you can try:
- right click on icons with problems, choose "uninstall" and click "scan for hardware changes" icon.
- right-click, "update driver", "Browse my computer for drivers", select path "c:\Windows" (check "include subfolders") and hit "next"
- do the same for "...Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\drivers\" path...
- click "View" in device manager, "show hidden devices". Uninstall everything that you are not using anymore (multiple "My Device" or "Maple" )
- check for Windows update to solve your problem :lol:
Bakisha

Post by Bakisha »

There is also one more thing to try:

Code: Select all

USBComposite.setManufacturerString(ManufacturerName);
  USBComposite.setProductString(DeviceName);
  USBComposite.setSerialString(DeviceSerial);

USBComposite.setProductId(0x0029); // or any other number than 0x0020

I wouldn't recommend it until you try other solutions. Ideally, it should be unique number per "device" you are programming. I think default number is 0x0020, but it might be in conflict as same number is used for multiple things (MIDI, USB serial, USB microphone, USB speaker, etc...)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thank you. will try all. I normally change the ID but I didn't change yours, so it should be different anyway.
will report later.. Banging my head against the wall at the moment because of "Processing" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
João
Bakisha

Post by Bakisha »

I looked into driver itself on my computer, and it is using "USB serial driver" (Usbser.sys) that comes with Windows 10. If i'm right, and you are using Windows 7 (aero theme in your screenshot), google said that Windows 7 don't come with that driver. It might be a reason why your midi device is recognized, but not USB virtual serial port.
If you have time to play around, maybe you should install maple bootloader (don't forget to install drivers from "...Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\drivers\win\" ) and try again your sketch.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thank you for your tips. That would explain it.. I am still using windows 7 as this machine has not enough power for win 10 :(
So I guess that the maple driver will work with the sketch you posted? I think I have installed it anyway, but maybe I might have done it wrong :(

João
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Documents\Arduino\hardware\Arduino_STM32\drivers\win\
And i don't have this folder in the documents folder.. Do I have to download some file and create the folders?
Thanks

João
ag123
Answers: 24

Post by ag123 »

i think win7 has the 'drivers', but that it may take 'installing' it to make it work. e.g. in device manager do that 'update driver' step.
normally, these 'drivers' are done thru an 'install' procedure.
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... stallation
in particular, the 'install' procedure, link the usb pid/vid to the correct 'driver', this is especially in the 'earlier' windows releases i think.
maybe windows 10 is 'improved' such that it doesn't bother about vid/pid and simply decides on the correct 'driver' based on the usb device class.
that is the appropriate way to do it, earlier 'windows' is still stuck to vid/pid i'd think.
so try that 'install' procedure. e.g. that link above given.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thank you. Will read it and try it. And will report the outcome.

João

Return to “General discussion”