Project Configuration designed for Arduino Uno

Post here all questions related to LibMaple core if you can't find a relevant section!
kaizmoto1489

Project Configuration designed for Arduino Uno

Post by kaizmoto1489 »

Hello,
I have configured a project originally designed for the Arduino Uno/Mega for one of my Nucleo 64 boards.
The project compiles cleanly, but does not work on the Nucleo board.
The project uses 3 serial ports, and the F303 and F446 boards have at least 4 serial ports. Control port, GPS port, and Nextion display port.
I am assuming the problem is that the compiler is using Arduino libraries, not STM32F libraries.
That Serial (serial0) is working, the control port. It will NOT compile using Serial1 or Serial4 or higher.
I do not know how to make the Arduino IDE stop using one library in favor of another. I suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg, because the same thing is likely to happen when using the I2C, SPI or other peripherals.
dannyf

Re: Project Configuration designed for Arduino Uno

Post by dannyf »

hard to pin point the problem: how the libraries are written has a lot to do with it.

I would first debug each module / library to make sure that they work individually on your target and then go from there. 100% code re-usability is often not possible, especially on the lowest layer.
mlundin
Answers: 6

Post by mlundin »

Having to guess what your code looks like makes it hard to give any help.

How was the other serial ports used, initiated and what was the result ??
Last edited by mlundin on Fri May 28, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ag123
Answers: 24

Post by ag123 »

stm32duino isn't quite arduino, the high level api is the same, but that below the most basic arduino api, all the hardware and everything else below that is different from Atmega. to make a more objective discussion, you would need to present codes at least on how to reproduce the (each) problem.

there are things that stm32 can do which won't be achievable on ATMega328p, e.g. with timers and adc, stm32 often can achieve like between 100k - 500k samples per sec driven on the hardware timer. and running on the adc alone on continuous mode millions of samples per second. this is far ahead of that on the ATMega328p. but the codes etc are stm32 specific, they won't work on ATMega328p

Return to “General discussion”