Various problems with bluepill, stlink and serial

Post here all questions related to LibMaple core if you can't find a relevant section!
arpruss

Re: Various problems with bluepill, stlink and serial

Post by arpruss »

I would love to hear how well the APM32 functions. It seems very promising, except the costs are a bit high for smaller quantities. I am particularly curious if USB is fully functional at the higher clock rate, and whether power usage is comparable.
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Post by mrburnette »

arpruss wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:01 pm I would love to hear how well the APM32 functions. It seems very promising, except the costs are a bit high for smaller quantities. I am particularly curious if USB is fully functional at the higher clock rate, and whether power usage is comparable.
So, is $1.89 each with free-shipping too much? AliExpress is showing $1.90 for the Blue Pill with free-shipping ... and I believe AliExpress is where some forum members have had issues. Yes, I understand that AliExpress caters to like a zillion vendors, but I have a few that I have used for a long time and those are my go-to merchants. And, I simply never order one of any single item since my standard order is for 3 or 5: The wait is just too long to have only 1 of an item and release the magic smoke and have to wait, wait, wait, wait ...

I am not expecting my order until late May, but after I receive 'em, I will try and take a few hours to play around with one and post back here.

Ray

From my browser:
RobotdynAPM32.jpg
RobotdynAPM32.jpg (87.62 KiB) Viewed 7782 times
arpruss

Post by arpruss »

That's weird. When I use their shipping calculator, the cheapest shipping option for one unit is $3.38 to Texas.
mrburnette

Post by mrburnette »

arpruss wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:20 am That's weird. When I use their shipping calculator, the cheapest shipping option for one unit is $3.38 to Texas.
I cannot explain that ... I got free shipping on 1 unit and paid like $2+ for 10x. Go figure ... even the Chinese know that everyone in Texas is wealthy!
:lol:

Ray
arpruss

Post by arpruss »

I also see the "Free shipping" on the website, but on the checkout the lowest shipping option is $3.38 for one and $3.86 for ten.
arpruss

Post by arpruss »

I asked them and they said:
free shipment was for other items not for Black pill .
I am so sorry .
its for items
mrburnette

Post by mrburnette »

arpruss wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:16 pm I asked them and they said:
free shipment was for other items not for Black pill .
I am so sorry .
its for items
Argh ... they giveth and taketh. I never put just "1" in my cart as I ordered 10x

Still, is ordering just one (1) critical? If I were to USPS you one from Atlanta inma bubble wrapper, my guess would be about $1.
US Postal Service Rate Changes as of January 26, 2020
The new prices include no increase in the price of a First-Class Mail Forever stamp, which remains at 55 cents. The single-piece letter additional ounce price remains at 15 cents. The price of postcard stamps is still at 35 cents, and 1-ounce flats continue at $1.
anv

Post by anv »

What I don't understand is why the upload method affects the working of the serial port.

I mean: if I upload via serial port using boot0 jumper, the program works ok. But if I ipload the same program but via st-link, the serial port does not work. May be some some prescaller clock settings or something like this?

(testing with arduino ide)
stevestrong
Answers: 8

Post by stevestrong »

Make sure that you have this line as shown here: https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... s.txt#L380
-DSERIAL_USB -DGENERIC_BOOTLOADER is important to have.

Return to “General discussion”