Write to Ethernet truncated using EthernetWebServer_SSL_STM32 library

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
ahorow

Write to Ethernet truncated using EthernetWebServer_SSL_STM32 library

Post by ahorow »

I am trying to set up a simple web server using the 'WebServer' example of the EthernetWebServer_SSL_STM32 library. Untouched, this example works perfectly. When sending a larger file, about 4400 byte in length, only the first 2979 bytes are sent. No other change has been made to the code. I do know that the entire content is written to the Ethernet driver is sent as I mirrored it to the serial output and the serial shows the full content. I have not included the code as I am probably missing a setting somewhere, or trying to get this code to do something that it is not meant to. I have not been able to find in the code what is causing this, and hope someone who understands these libraries better than I do might. The target device is a Nucleo F767 with the onboard LAN8742A. This is the header from serial output:

Start WebServer on NUCLEO_F767ZI, using LAN8742A Ethernet & STM32Ethernet Library
EthernetWebServer_SSL_STM32 v1.3.0

Is there a limit to the number of characters sent, or a setting to change this?

Thanx in advance
mlundin
Answers: 6

Re: Write to Ethernet truncated using EthernetWebServer_SSL_STM32 library

Post by mlundin »

No one here can reproduce your issue, and you dont even show what elements of the original has changed, so help is very limited.

And yes the web server can send lots of data, but each frame is limited.
exdes

Post by exdes »

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am running into the same situation also with the Nucleo-767ZI board and both the SdFat and standard Arduino SD libraries. Are you also using the SD libraries?
ahorow

Post by ahorow »

too complicated and gave up on it.
khoih-prog

Post by khoih-prog »

Have a look at the issue Problems writing to Client using EthernetWebServer_SSL_STM32 and SdFat libraries to see what wrong with your code.

It seems OK for writing multiple of 10,000 lines to the Client without any issue.

Return to “General discussion”