STM32 timer interrupt

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
finchalex

STM32 timer interrupt

Post by finchalex »

Dear Folks,

I have a problem with my STM32F103c8t6 black pill, yesterday i had power over usb and programmings worked without a flaw.
But today it isn't working anymore, i saw some smoke in the corner of my eye just flying by.
What could this be? Becuase when i power it from my usb to tll converter over 3v3, it works without a flaw.
Can it be the 5v to 3.3v onboard regulator?
When i have connected the usb to the STM32 it can upload, but only if i gave it some external 3.3v power.

Someone knows what this could be?

Best wishes, finch
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Re: STM32 timer interrupt

Post by mrburnette »

finchalex wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:39 pm Dear Folks,

I have a problem with my STM32F103c8t6 black pill, yesterday i had power over usb and programmings worked without a flaw.
But today it isn't working anymore, i saw some smoke in the corner of my eye just flying by.
What could this be?
Becuase when i power it from my usb to tll converter over 3v3, it works without a flaw.
Can it be the 5v to 3.3v onboard regulator?
When i have connected the usb to the STM32 it can upload, but only if i gave it some external 3.3v power.

Someone knows what this could be?

Best wishes, finch
It sounds to me that you "self diagnosed" the problem ... some component on the board has been damaged ... "fried" is the common terminology.

There is evidence to suggest that one or more components in the 5V --> 3.3V circuitry is at fault.

Opinion: without detailed photos, schematics with voltage readings there is little chance to diagnose further. Just replace the board and use the damaged board in a battery-powered project.

Return to “General discussion”