is it possible to use a X-NUCLEO-IDB05A2 with a NUCLEO-F401RE as a bluetooth hid or serial device

What are you developing?
hannescam

is it possible to use a X-NUCLEO-IDB05A2 with a NUCLEO-F401RE as a bluetooth hid or serial device

Post by hannescam »

i need a library for the X-NUCLEO-IDB05A2 as a bluetooth serial or hid for a project of mine
GonzoG
Answers: 27

Re: is it possible to use a X-NUCLEO-IDB05A2 with a NUCLEO-F401RE as a bluetooth hid or serial device

Post by GonzoG »

It connects using SPI so not Serial or HID. If you want to connect this way, you'll have to write a program for STM32 that acts as an adapter (receives data on Serial/USB and sends to IDB05A2 via SPI).
hannescam

Re: is it possible to use a X-NUCLEO-IDB05A2 with a NUCLEO-F401RE as a bluetooth hid or serial device

Post by hannescam »

no i ment that the bluetooth chip connects to the pc as a keyboard or bluetooth serial device controlled by the stm32
ag123
Answers: 24

Post by ag123 »

for that it is called STM32-WB
https://www.st.com/resource/en/flyer/flstm32wb.pdf
https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/ ... -wb55.html
but mainly Bluetooth LE.
hid & all that would require implementation 'from scratch'

but if you understand Bluetooth LE, you can program mostly any generic BLE custom profile and apps.
smart watches, bLE scales and many more does it that way and connects to android phones.
hannescam

Post by hannescam »

could you implement the serial bluetooth protocoll for this module for me
hannescam

Post by hannescam »

no none of them did work and the first one is the ps side software and it is the one i am corrently using in another setup

Return to “Projects”