USBComposite and keymapping

Post here all questions related to LibMaple core if you can't find a relevant section!
Phil242

USBComposite and keymapping

Post by Phil242 »

Hi,

USBComposite is working like a charm to simulate a keyboard.

But, how to deal with key-mapping ?
On my test machine I have a french keyboard (AZERTY) and a "Keyboard.press('a');" give a "q".

Is there a way to deal with this problem ?

Cheers,

Phil
arpruss

Re: USBComposite and keymapping

Post by arpruss »

Background: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/393 ... d-keyboard

I guess you'll need to generate a map for the locale. I don't think there is a general solution on the stm side.
Phil242

Post by Phil242 »

Hi Arpruss,

Thanks for the pointer.

As the project was for an event mid November, I've found a quick & dirt solution: I have map myself an AZERTY keyboard over the QWERTY template I've found. Just modify the output code with a translate table.
The major issue was the need of the key "Alt Gr" to obtain the specific chars related to this combo key. If someone have to do a similar job, have a look at the "modifiers". So the table is a char translation plus optionally the Alt Gr or Shift pressed and released.

It's so ugly, I can't show this mess ... But it worked as expected.
It's a shame I can't commit it, but as I'm not an expert of those HID devices, my patch will not be useful to someone aware of how it really works.

Cheers,

Phil
celinedion

Post by celinedion »

arpruss wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:10 pm Background: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/393 ... d-keyboard

I guess you'll need to generate a map for the locale. I don't think there is a general solution on the stm side.
I had a similar problem. I will try it. Thank you!

Return to “General discussion”