Juraj
Answers: 1

Re: What is Arduino?

Post by Juraj »

mrburnette
Answers: 7

Post by mrburnette »

RoyStevenson wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:52 am I'm learning about Arduino, I plan to use it as a sketch to combine with STM32, but I don't know if I'm thinking right? Is it sketch or software support? Please let me know, thank you very much
It is a a paradigm. Arduino is C/C++ style programming that has been condensed into an environment that is "simplified" and much of the dirty work of C programming is hidden. Further, the sketch language has been created to provide useful syntax akin to a BASIC or Python command-set. One big behind the scenes function hidden from the programmer is prototype function declarations. Such generalizations make Arduino ideal for teaching and hobbyist use but still powerful enough for professional prototyping. There are arguments that Arduino has some inefficiencies.

The ArduinoIDE is just one piece of a system made up of Java code, scripts, and control structures. It is not perfect, things do break, and hiding the workings of traditional C/C++ is in my opinion a 2-edge sword. Still, the simplicities and large 3-rd party support libraries made learning to implement programmed logic and external devices fairly straightforward; companies such as Adafruit and SparkFun provide generous example code.
jacobli

Post by jacobli »

Arduino is an open source platform for building electronic projects. Arduino consists of a physical programmable board and software, or an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) running on your computer, for writing computer code and uploading it to the physical board.
jacobli

Post by jacobli »

Arduino is an open source electronic platform that includes hardware (various models of Arduino boards) and software (Arduino IDE).
quitetc

Post by quitetc »

People are able to construct electronic applications that are better able to communicate and interact with one another with the assistance of the Arduino platform, which is open source.
defensivesun

Post by defensivesun »

Using c++ templates would open the door to different implementations, such as those using direct memory access (DMA) rather than "vanilla" versions, which may be functionally equivalent to the SPI api.
the backroomsAdafruit and SparkFun

Return to “Ideas & suggestions”