Support for STM32H743VIT6

All about boards manufactured by ST
senceryazici

Support for STM32H743VIT6

Post by senceryazici »

Hi,

I have a STM32H743VIT6 built on a custom made PCB, and using PlatformIO
It got me thinkering if I can use the nucleo_h7432zi board for programming the chip ? will the zit6/vit6 difference mean anything to builder or flasher ?

Normally instead of asking this question I would program the chip and see if it works :D But currrently, my chineese ST-LINK is not letting me flash the board I'm getting
Error: timed out while waiting for target halted
embedded:startup.tcl:449: Error: ** Unable to reset target **
I did firmware upgrade on the ST-LINK v2, but no luck with openOCD programmer, but it works OK through the Atollic TrueSTUDIO.
Maybe this is a subject for another post on this forum but, just needed to mention it. Thanks....
stas2z
Answers: 8

Re: Support for STM32H743VIT6

Post by stas2z »

fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Post by fpiSTM »

Looking to the characteristics they are very similar (same flash/RAM size). The main difference is the ZI has some peripheral on PF and PG pins.
Your issue with STLink is not linked to the variant. I think issue come from the STLink you used which seems not an official one.
senceryazici

Post by senceryazici »

I see,

I have solved the problem with the ST-Link by replacing the line "reset_config srst_only" with "reset_config none separate", in "~/.platformio/packages/tool-openocd/scripts/boards/st_nucleo_h743zi.cfg" file.

Now I can successfully flash the board, now here is the the problem I've faced with ADC.

The PC2 pin is defined as:

Code: Select all

{PC_2, ADC3, STM_PIN_DATA_EXT(STM_MODE_ANALOG, GPIO_NOPULL, 0, 1, 0)}, // ADC3_INN1 - A7 (ZI)/A4 (ZI2)
And i am directly inputting 1.364 V into that pin with respect to ground, but the adc reads 2.88750005, am I missing something it is almost double ?
Thank you very much.

Return to “STM boards (Discovery, Eval, Nucleo, ...)”