USBMidiKlik 3x3/4x4 USB MIDI interface

What are you developing?
TheKikGen

USBMidiKlik 3x3/4x4 USB MIDI interface

Post by TheKikGen »

"USBMidiKliK4x4" is a a multi-port USB MIDI interface for the STM32DUINO platform.

The story of this project starts with a hack of the MIDIPLUS/MIDITECH 4x4 USB to MIDI interface. Needing more midi jacks, I bought a second Miditech interface, but I discovered it was not possible to use 2 Miditech / Midiplus MIDI USB 4X4 on the same computer to get 8x8, and according to the Miditech support, as that usb midi interface was not updateable at all ! I was stucked....That was motivating me enough to write a totally new and better firmware : the UsbMidiKlik4x4 project was born.

The current version V2 supports full USB midi until 16xIN , 16XOUT plus routing features, enabling configurables standalone mode, merge mode, thru mode, split mode, etc., huge sysex flow, configuration menu from serial USB, and is very fast and stable thanks to the STM32F103. More of that, you can aggregate until 5 3x3 Bluepill boards seen as one by activating the "Bus mode" via I2C.

Project Github : https://github.com/TheKikGen/USBMidiKliK4x4
Check also the wiki here : https://github.com/TheKikGen/USBMidiKliK4x4/wiki
madias
Answers: 1

Re: USBMidiKlik 3x3/4x4 USB MIDI interface

Post by madias »

Superb work!
Sadly I'm not in making music /MIDI/sound design anymore.
It would be interesting how the hacked interface is performing with a Clavia Nord Modular (one). This was the ultimate stress test in the past, because of the real time sysex messages.
BTW: The world best midi interfaces ever built were made from Emagic (AMT, MT8,MT4). Mostly the main drawback of bad and cheap MIDI interfaces are caused by using the wrong optocoupler by design. The MT4 is using qtc h11l3 - so maybe a good starting point for exchanging.

Next step would be some CV/Gate options :)
lito.jrpowers

Post by lito.jrpowers »

I am very much interested on this project! At present I have 2 pcs Blue Pill and have already flashed it with STM32Duino bootloader. Have already played a lot it on Arduino IDE. @TheKikGen , I hope you will guide me thru this 8-) and thank you in advance!!!
TheKikGen

Post by TheKikGen »

Sure ! Post here or on the Github project web site :)
TheKikGen

Post by TheKikGen »

@Madias : As I have now a "bus mode" , allowing midi to be carried over I2C, I'm thinking about a dedicated CV board that could work within than BUS.
rudiars

Post by rudiars »

Hi there...
How about simple MIDI USB to UART bidirectional converter?
TheKikGen

Post by TheKikGen »

Check this other project (a classic Arduino one not a STM32F103C Bluepill).
Very easy to do, almost out of the box...
https://github.com/TheKikGen/KonverterMidiUSB
ThoyibBasarah

Post by ThoyibBasarah »

Hi master...
How about simple MIDI USB to UART for Blue pill?. DIN 5 to USB type A.

Return to “Projects”