Belated hello

GVisser
Answers: 1

Belated hello

Post by GVisser »

Hi all,

This is a belated helloooo as I have already posted to the board and received assistance :D Thank you!

My name is Grant, I am 52 and from Hatfield in the UK.

I have been an electronics enthusiast most of my life but have had very little actual experience as everything always got in the way.

Being in lockdown gave me the incentive (and time) to explore and attempt to build some projects that have been on the back burner for many years.

My main project is building a Solid State Tesla Coil, and to that end, I have learnt an enormous amount, have had a LOT of fun, have done pretty well so far and it is actually working very nicely. 8-)

My reason for being on this forum is with regards my wish to build a programmable controller/interrupter (with all the bells and whistles) for the coil rather than using the standard 555 timer circuits. In reality, the end result will be very similar, but I will have learnt a ton more :ugeek: LOL

The base for this project is a STM32F401CCU6 Black Pill.

As I have absolutely no previous experience with micrcontrollers and only rudimentary programming knowledge, I am expecting this to be a very steep learning curve and will apologise in advance for the NOOB quality of the questions I will be posting! Please forgive and answer, where possible, in baby language :lol:
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Belated hello

Post by fpiSTM »

Welcome😉

Return to “Let us know a bit about you and your projects”