Bonjour, hello

vshr

Bonjour, hello

Post by vshr »

Je me présente : Bernard 74 ans, retraité (ancien ingénieur électronicien pur analogicien, très mauvais en anglais). A 65 ans j'ai décidé de voir ce qu'était un microcontoleur dont j'ignorais tout. Aucun projet en vue mais des petites études pour conserver mes neuronnes en états. D'abord chez arduino, un passage Mbed avec une nucleo et la blue pill, un passage sur espressif : aucune envie de continuer avec, et suite à l'annonce de l'investissement de STMicro dans le projet STM32duino une envie d'y aller.
Un regret sur ce forum il est mono langue. Ce qui a fait la force d'Arduino c'est son forum multi langues qui a pu rassembler une population provenant du monde entier, ceux parlant anglais faisant l'interface avec ceux qui ne le parle pas.

Peut-être faudrait-il mener une réflexion ?

Let me introduce myself: Bernard 74 years old, retired (former pure analogist electronics engineer,very bad in English ). At 65 I decided to see what a microcontroller is, I knew nothing about it. No project in sight but small studies to keep my neurons in good condition. First at arduino, an Mbed passage with a nucleo and the blue pill, a passage on espressif: no desire to continue with, and following the announcement of STMicro's investment in the STM32duino project, a desire to go .
One regret on this forum it is mono language. What made Arduino strong is its multi-lingual forum which was able to bring together a population from all over the world, those speaking English interfacing with those who do not speak it.

Maybe we should think about it?
fpiSTM
Answers: 91

Re: Bonjour, hello

Post by fpiSTM »

Bienvenue, Welcome, Bernard

Il est vrai que le langage principal est l'anglais au vue de l'audience néanmoins je peux répondre en français :)
martinayotte

Post by martinayotte »

Moi aussi je peux répondre en français ...
mrburnette
Answers: 7

Post by mrburnette »

vshr wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 pm First at arduino, an Mbed passage with a nucleo and the blue pill, a passage on espressif: no desire to continue with, and following the announcement of STMicro's investment in the STM32duino project, a desire to go .

Retired here for 10+ years and last decade of employment was large system engineering/architecture. I have gone through lots of uC hardware, including the BASIC Stamps and PICAXE (not represented in my project playing.)

Anyway, I found the Espressif chips rather powerful for the price but note your experience is different. I find the STM32 products probably the best documented with great web-search results. I have not published much recently because I have been in the Linux camp working with NodeRed.

I think that every uC has a "sweet spot" where selection by an engineer makes perfect sense. Sometimes, using two (or more) uC's in a project is beneficial. Hobbyists likely will migrate to one or two "go to" microcontrollers and be content. Arduino does make it easy to enjoy a larger uC selection however.

my project page.

Ray

Return to “Let us know a bit about you and your projects”