Anything not related to STM32
sigi

Re: Throttle wireless sensor

Post by sigi »

GonzoG
Answers: 27

Post by GonzoG »

sigi wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:08 am... these AS5600 seems to be better and more easy to use and includes the magnet! ...
I don't think that those magnets are good. I've looked through many offers of AS5600 on aliexpress and it seams that almost all sellers add "standard" magnets that are polarized in wrong direction ( with N/S poles on flat parts) and those sensors need magnets "split" in half of the circle.
sigi

Post by sigi »

thanks Im aware of that and yes it is very probable that they include the wrong magnet. Thats why the expensive 14bit one does not include one I suppose.
stevestrong
Answers: 8

Post by stevestrong »

Well, for a throttle you do not necessarily need an extra circuit, a simiple e-bike throttle (like this) uses a magnetic band which goes from 0 to middle position in the proximity of a HAL sensor. The reading is pure analog, you can use any magnet, and you can scale it in software according to your needs.
sigi

Post by sigi »

at this moment Im not looking for something not just for throttle, these units are very good and deserve more research. I mean they can be as good to use as a measurement angle for a telescope.
MoDu

Post by MoDu »

Please post results then, I assume you would require a high angular resolution for telescope orientation, in the order of arc seconds?
sigi

Post by sigi »

Im waiting for the units BUT yes I know that it is supposed that they will NOT give the required res.
BUT what if they give a basic position/correction start point and the rest can be done by micro-step count?
I already have control over micro step or 1/2 step mode on my board so I can slew the telescope and change the mode to 1/128 step any time. Maybe it works!

Return to “Off topic”