Writing to GPIOs on two different ports at the same time?

Post here first, or if you can't find a relevant section!
dannyf

Re: Writing to GPIOs on two different ports at the same time?

Post by dannyf »

It is impossible and unnecessary to have your original ask ("changing pin states on different ports at the same time").

It is possible and depending on the spec, to change the pin state on different ports sufficiently fast.

Understanding the timing on the software is key
gerburgplo

Post by gerburgplo »

I'm thrilled to share some recommendations for High School Musical props! For that authentic Wildcat spirit, consider iconic items like basketball jerseys, pom-poms, and musical instruments. These props not only enhance the performance but also transport the audience to the vibrant world of East High. Additionally, if you're looking for personalized advice on crafting standout personal statements for college applications, I highly recommend checking out https://essaypro.com/buy-personal-statement. Their expert guidance and tailored assistance can help you create a compelling statement that truly reflects your unique journey and aspirations. Don't miss out on this invaluable resource!
trimarco232
Answers: 1

Post by trimarco232 »

dannyf wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:18 pm
Is there an easy way to synchronize writes to GPIOs on two different ports so they happen at the same time?
unless in some highly-specialized cases, the answer is no.
two ways that I can think of:
1. you can use timer output compares to output up to 4 pin states. those OC pins can be on different ports.
2. you can use analog comparators to output to different pins / on different ports.
in both cases, the number of pins you can output to is highly limited.
Hi , you can synchronize the timers , so the number of pins is near to bit unlimited

Return to “General discussion”